Changes in LOGEX 2R3C
- Could get an SDF image error on non-UTS terminals; e.g., telnet.
- Ensure Q option shows total file counts even if no output (N option). Q
option count excludes run and system information entries (106, 71-74).
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 10 to handle full MODSWTIME$ timestamp range.
Changes in LOGEX 2R3B
- Could sometimes skip a file when processing consecutive tape files.
- Ensure A option processes all files on a temp file tape.
- Add Q option, to show number of entries extracted from each file.
Changes in LOGEX 2R3A
- Improve testing for including or rejecting entries; search for runids,
accounts, or userids within certain log entry types.
Changes in LOGEX 2R3
- LOGEX will now insert a user-formatted entry type (default 240000) as the
first entry of the output file. This entry will contain information for
possible future merges that used to be kept in unused or reserved words of
the Audit Media Header. The default type is defined by tag MRGTYP, and will
not be included in C-option entry counts.
*NOTE: If you have been regularly updating LOGEX output files using the
M option (Merge), be aware that these files will not be compatible for
merging with files created by LOGEX 2R3 or higher. You should close off such
merges using the previous version of LOGEX and begin new ones with 2R3.
- Allow specifying log file version, in case the site is in the process of
migrating and both types are on the system: V/n. Since LOGEX can only work
with one format at a time, this will avoid error messages when LOGEX begins
with one version and encounters another during multi-cycle processing.
- Add ability to select entries pertaining to one or more userids or accounts:
U/Userid1,/Userid2... or A/Acct1,/Acct2... The wild card for both is $.
- Add ability to select entries by one or more line number ranges. Format:
$nnnn/mmmm. The numbers correspond to the line numbers each entry would have
when viewed with the ZIP utility. They would most likely be used when
extracting part of a single cycle, but would also work across multiple
cycles, assuming the numbering continued sequentially.
- Correct editing & testing of subtypes when used in type inclusion/exclusion.
- Update offsets and time zone for next audit block header from 205 entries,
in addition to type 1007/6 entry.
- Ensure C & S options show correct counts for log entry types that have an
actual subtype 0, as opposed to no subtypes or only non-zero subtypes.
- P option (Performance Monitor) will exclude all entry types from 500-599, in
addition to the original 504, in order to accommodate the MIPS metering type
(551) as well as any others that may be added.
- V option (Verify) will assume N option.
- Close out LOGEX files with a final block containing only an end sentinel
record (070) as opposed to an Audit Media Trailer record (02).
Changes in LOGEX 2R2D
- Change timestamp offsets in Audit Block headers based on 1007/6-7 entries.
Begin new block at time change entry (1007/6).
- Correctly handle entry types and type ranges over 131071.
Changes in LOGEX 2R2C
- Correct slight discrepancy in final SUP totals.
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 5 so will be ready for MODSWTIME$ and other TDATE$
Changes in LOGEX 2R2B
- Add ability to include only entries related to @XQTs of specific programs.
Will select @XQT, @XQTCONT, & @XQTEND entries (type 101, subtypes 1, 2, & 3).
Optionally will include all thread entries from @XQT to @XQTEND.
Changes in LOGEX 2R2A
- Switch to STM$PKG for date/time operations & signon.
- Default stop time = 235959. Will reset times larger than 235959 to that.
Changes in LOGEX 2R2
- Accommodate AT or DSTA format log files, but not both in the same call.
- Add ability to include only entries with specified Qualifier*Filenames.
Entries tested are 401-408,101,106,157,158,807,808,813,1006,10400.
- Allow a subtype to be specified for inclusion or exclusion, as in 403(1).
- Will tolerate using '-' instead of '/' for type ranges, as in 800-899, but
must be fewer than 8 characters if in Spec 3 or 4.
- Allow H option with K: block header description only; no snap of 1st 8 wds.
- Add V option to go thru and verify entries if N and no other dump options.
- Add Z option: exclude Run Continuation & system info entries (106, 71-74),
which are normally always included to preserve run threads.
- Recognize version 0 audit media headers.
Changes in LOGEX 2R1
- LOGEX now standalone; previously in MISCUTIL package.
- Extensive changes since 1R1; see entire HELP.