Changes in MFD 10R8
- Add IF.INCTRLSET, IF.INRMPKSET, and IF.INBKRLSET name sets for catalogued
tape reels, packids, and backup reels. Also add corresponding sequence
number cells CSQ, RSQ, and BSQ. See new section in DOC, "Multiple Item
- Clarify use and limitations of RPACK, BREEL, and CREEL parameters.
Changes in MFD 10R7H
- Fix bug: Wild card spec input (<ITEM>.$/LE) mishandled when E used to echo
reply. Clarify in documentation that when wild card spec input is used, the
first mask character must be C, Y, L, or R.
- Ensure that if only a date (YYMMDD) is entered for the higher value in a
range test (TW/TNW) of one of the date/time values (RDT, CDT,...), the time
for that value will default to 235959, causing the whole day to be included.
Changes in MFD 10R7G
- Add 'QFN' item to perform masking test on both qualifier & filename.
- Reduce size of MFD-NCB: exclude SORT/MERGE tape module using R$FILE 'NOTAPE'.
Changes in MFD 10R7F
- Add 'IF.SER' test for "SERIOUS" disable (any disable other than warning).
- Add max list count spec to have MFD list only the first n files:
@MFD ,,,SORTD*SZU,25 . List the 25 largest loaded files
- Add 'H+' to pause reply message, to reprint header after every pause.
- Fix bug: printed garbage at end of totals line if Spec4-n test found 0 files.
Changes in MFD 10R7E
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 10 to handle full MODSWTIME$ timestamp range.
- Could sometimes print a redundant custom header line after the grand totals.
Changes in MFD 10R7D
- Ensure MFD can handle total file counts greater than 262143.
- Fix bug: custom output with headings could be misaligned if a secondary test
prevented the editing of a Boolean item.
- Add '0' secondary option: edit totals lines with commas.
- Handle custom editing item \TYP consistently in all field sizes:
' '/'R','T' (1), ' '/'REM'/'TAP'/ (3), ' '/'REMOV'/'TAPE ' (5).
- Convert GENADDNCB runstream to edit GENADD into temp file, modify, & @ADD.
Changes in MFD 10R7C
- Add !*xxx for editing Boolean items, to show T or F vs. 1 or 0; also
add !xxx to show Y or N.
- Add I custom output option for initial heading only.
- Add MUO editing item for MUSER$ cell in octal, to show in hdg (vs. \*MUS).
- Use different headings for \MUS (MUSER$ DEC.), \MUA (ALPHA), \MUO (OCTAL).
- Fix problems handling date age tests (AGR, AGC, ...).
- Fix editing of \*MUA for non-zero items in custom output.
- Ensure READ$./xxx custom output processes all options in the version.
- Add GENADDNCB runstream, identical to GENADD except will generate
non-common-banked version, MFD-NCB.
- MFD-NCB absolute no longer included; generate with GENADDNCB @ADD stream.
Changes in MFD 10R7B
- Add \COL and \CL+ editing items for column positioning.
- Add \QFN & \DQN special editing items: same as \QFC & \DQF without F-cycle.
- Add \UQN & \UDN special editing items: same as \UQF & \UDQ without F-cycle.
- Allow S Secondary Option to force Single-File Mode regardless of Spec4-n.
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 9.
Changes in MFD 10R7A
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 7 for current version; does not affect performance.
- Allow W option to override automatic custom output as well as J, S, or L.
- Fix bug: showing bad last reference date for temp file in Single-File mode.
Changes in MFD 10R7
- Update with STM$PKG Rev. 5 routines, which will convert or edit words
containing either a TDATE$ or the MODSWTIME$ format introduced in CP 15.0.
- Add ability to establish automatic custom output.
- Add W to DATE.NNNx spec, for weeks.
- Ensure ambiguous name OWN treated as ONM (owner name) in Spec4-n input.
- Removed secondary disk test from unloaded/first-write time.
Changes in MFD 10R6F
- Fix bugs with sorting, BREAKing, and displaying certain third-word items.
- Document numeric equivalents of advanced Spec 4 names: L0N, M0N, and M1N for
LI0, MI0, and MI1.
Changes in MFD 10R6E
- Ensure age & lifespan values set as needed in Single-File mode.
- Switch to STM$PKG for date/time editing.
Changes in MFD 10R6D
- Add PCF & PCA parameters (PCFULL, PCAVAIL), for % full & % available of a
file's tracks. Use \PCx for whole %s, \*PCx to include 10ths of %. The
earlier name PCT (PCTFULL) is a synonym for PCF.
- Assume T option (totals) if any BREAKs done in custom output.
- Use relative rather than absolute cycle in default sort order, so files that
wrap around 999 will have their oldest cycles listed first.
- Add L option to DADLST/DADSUM parameters, to list $MFDDADLIST file at end.
- Fix some DAD testing and listing formats.
- Fix bugs with range tests (TW/TNW) for partial word items.
Changes in MFD 10R6C
- Add S secondary option: Force Single-File mode without requiring a filename
- Add V secondary option: show clearance level vs. ASG count in S-opt list.
- Add F option for custom output: Use full length for all fields (same effect
as H but without heading).
- Add custom output editing items \NB+, \NT+, and \NP+ to insert a "+" if a
file has more than one backup reel, catalogued tape reel, or packid.
Patched MFD 10R6B - 2012/01/24
- Set correct file description bits for temp file's "fake" MFD items. This can
affect track counts in listings for position granularity or "big" files.
Changes in MFD 10R6B
- Ensure packids retrieved if DRV or LDAT keyword used.
- Include a file's MFD item LDATs with DADs, both when listing and testing.
- Improvements in DADLST and DADSUM output.
- Increase default maximum DRV/LDAT devices to 25.
- Add options to DRV & LDAT keywords to select fixed/rem./tape/dropped files,
or to display fixed drive LDATS.
- Allow a range with LDAT parameter: LDAT.low/high
- Allow more room for local ID in signon.
- Show CMP/BUF/BLK info for tapes.
- Clarify last summary header as #DSK/TP: number of disk and tape files.
- Don't add LOCAL & SHARED to summary lines if only one directory selected.
- Expand custom output PRINT$ width if MAXLTH > 132 as well as for D option.
- Save full custom output headers if longer than 132 chars. in case repeated.
- Don't shorten totals lines if L option or if terminal wide enough.
Changes in MFD 10R6A
- Allow I option to mean implied qualifier if used when Spec1 is not in
qual*file. format. Ensure P, Q, and I options perform correctly when testing
project ID, default qualifier, and/or implied qualifier, respectively.
- Add IQUAL as item for Spec4-n to test against user's implied qualifier if
not coded. (If a name is coded, works the same as QUAL.)
- Add DQUAL as synonym for QUAL (default qualifier).
- Expand PRINT$ as needed to use full demand width when the D custom output
option is used. This is provided for demand terminals wider than 132 columns.
Changes in MFD 10R6
- Add configuration tag TESTEQ (default 1), meaning to default all tests for
dates and numeric items in Spec4-n that were formerly TG, TLE, etc., to TE.
This tag was added to avoid any confusion about which test a particular item
defaults to when none is supplied. Any test for other than equality must now
be explicitly coded. To revert to the former defaults, change the tag TESTEQ
to 0 in element MFDDEF and regen MFD.
- Add ORALL spec to make default operation OR vs. AND among all specs.
- Handle R option reversal better when QF or APO options used.
- Add cautionary note to DOC about using R option for Spec1 only, and coding
more complicated tests in Spec4-n.
- Correct MFD and DOC to clarify that without a Spec1 (and no Z option and
MFDDEF tag TPF$SF set to 0); or with a Spec1 but without Spec4-n, MFD will
default to Single-File Mode unless any Multi-File options are used
(ADOPQ, IR, CY, BK, TUVG, MN, Z).
- Show correct track counts for temporary word-addressable files.