Changes in MSD 3R3G
- Add ability to display pack's Sector 1 version and MBT scale factor (TKD/1).
They will be shown as two single-digit numbers side by side.
- Can also specify to display drives only if their Sector 1 version or their
MBT scale factor is a certain minimum value: @MSD S1V/1 -- @MSD MBT/2
- PCT available parameters may have 2nd & 3rd keywords in either order:
- Ensure SNP parameter with O option prints only edited MSD output, not snaps.
- Ensure date/time scanned correctly on TST images from different levels.
Changes in MSD 3R3F
- SNP would truncate snap lines of sorted internal table.
- Change NA status color to low cyan for better visibility.
Changes in MSD 3R3E
- Correct NA bit testing when accumulating totals for duplex drives.
Changes in MSD 3R3D
- Allow consecutive ranges in DRV or PAK lists: PAK/REM001-12.
- Allow permanent test mode by attaching MSDAUTOTEST$ to SDF test file.
- Ensure packids are shown for -PAK exclusions as well as inclusions.
- DRS/SYS selectors force U option.
Changes in MSD 3R3C
- Show percentages in the totals lines to three decimal places.
- Add ROLOUT Goal to Totals lines in SGS output.
- If sorting by total tracks (TKD/S), the I option (or TKD/I) will cause the
packid to be used as a secondary field instead of the available tracks.
Changes in MSD 3R3B
- Change the default percentage display to Full vs. Available for both
individual drives and the end totals lines. These can be toggled with the
new D and E TKD characters. The defaults can also be modified by changing
the DRIVEFULL and TOTALFULL tags near the beginning of the source and
- Add 7 to the possible width for percentage fields (12.345%).
Changes in MSD 3R3A
- Maintain totals as double word integers to allow for increasingly large
- Make end line totals display adaptable to larger numbers. Remove EXPTOT tag.
Changes in MSD 3R3
- Add STDST, STDAVL, SHRST, and SHRAVL parameters, to enable changing the
start & goal thresholds for ROLOUT & SROLUT. Requires SSCONFIGMGR privilege.
May be set as percentages or fixed track amounts.
- Add 'ROL' parameter, to display only fixed totals and ROLOUT thresholds.
Changes in MSD 3R2E
- Add CG option combination, to display each drive's assign count. Will only
display removable drives with non-zero counts unless F, R, or Z option used.
- Add 'SUM' (summary) and 'AVL' or 'AVAIL' (available) as synonyms for TOT.
- Add 'SAT' and 'FUL' as equivalent to TOT/F: show percentage saturated (full).
- Expand totals fields at end of SGS output to allow for larger numbers.
- Fix bug: "@MSD,R TOT" would display packids.
- Fix bug: Q option would not show all equipment codes for test displays.
Changes in MSD 3R2D
- Add EMPty and USEd selectors, to select only empty or in-use packs.
- Add PCTAVLMIN, PCTAVLMAX, PCTFULMIN, and PCTFULMAX parameters to select
drives based on minimum or maximum percent full or available tracks.
- Correct TMIN/TMAX to use display units (8MB, 9BM,...), just as with MIN/MAX.
Changes in MSD 3R2C
- Add DRS & SYS selectors, to select or exclude [-DRS/-SYS] drives based on
whether they are prepped as DRS packs, or are on the current system drive.
- "/U" after granularity selector (POS,8MB,...) shows totals in the same units
used for individual drives.
- When Z reply to Monitor entered, change to 'C' to allow reversing.
- Add 'ROL' parameter to display ROLOUT thresholds only; equivalent to TKD/R.
Changes in MSD 3R2B
- Add EXPTOT tag at start of source for slightly expanded totals line, able to
accommodate 10,000,000,000 totals and 4-digit physical/logical drive counts.
Default is 1; if set to 0 will edit such large numbers without commas.
- Add TMIN and TMAX parameters to specify minimum/maximum total tracks.
- Improve separator chars. between multiple items in header and drive display.
- Add TOT parameter to display totals only (same as TKD with no parameters or
with 'N' parameter).
Changes in MSD 3R2A
- Display tracks in normal intensity if only removable drives selected.
- If sorting drives by total tracks, use available tracks as minor field.
- Add 'W' to TKD parameter to edit track counts with commas (same as W option).
- Add 'X' to TKD parameter to omit end summary lines from display.
- 'EQP' and 'CHT' selectors were not working.
- Allow monitoring if 0 drives selected, in case of possible status changes;
provide for ending Monitor if number of drives goes down to zero.
Changes in MSD 3R2
- Add '8' and '9' to TKD parameter, to display track counts as 8- or 9-bit
kilobytes. Also affects the number used for MIN and MAX parameters, SGS
images, and end total lines. Add 'M' to show megabytes vs. kilobytes.
- Add 'O' to TKD parameter to display track counts as positions.
- Add keyword for each granularity or conversion: TRK,KTR,POS,8KB,9KB,8MB,9MB.
Also add 'K' to TKD parameter, equivalent to K option & KTR.
- Add 'F' and 'V' to TKD parameter, to show % full vs. available for individual
drives, or % available vs full for end total lines.
- Add 'U' to TKD parameter: show end line totals in the same units as drives.
- The MSD header line will now include a description of which items are being
displayed: tracks, kilotracks, positions, 8|9-bit KB|MB, totals, percent,
- Totals in SGS output will be in the same units as individual drives.
- W with K will no longer append 'K' to kilotracks.
- Alternate granularity or conversion displays will always round down to the
appropriate multiple: 1000 for K, 8KB, 9KB; 1000000 for 8MB, 9MB; 64 tracks