Changes in MSD 3R3D
- Allow consecutive ranges in DRV or PAK lists: PAK/REM001-12.
- Allow permanent test mode by attaching MSDAUTOTEST$ to SDF test file.
- Ensure packids are shown for -PAK exclusions as well as inclusions.
- DRS/SYS selectors force U option.
Changes in MSD 3R3C
- Show percentages in the totals lines to three decimal places.
- Add ROLOUT Goal to Totals lines in SGS output.
- If sorting by total tracks (TKD/S), the I option (or TKD/I) will cause the
packid to be used as a secondary field instead of the available tracks.
Changes in MSD 3R3B
- Change the default percentage display to Full vs. Available for both
individual drives and the end totals lines. These can be toggled with the
new D and E TKD characters. The defaults can also be modified by changing
the DRIVEFULL and TOTALFULL tags near the beginning of the source and
- Add 7 to the possible width for percentage fields (12.345%).
Changes in MSD 3R3A
- Maintain totals as double word integers to allow for increasingly large
- Make end line totals display adaptable to larger numbers. Remove EXPTOT tag.
Changes in MSD 3R3
- Add STDST, STDAVL, SHRST, and SHRAVL parameters, to enable changing the
start & goal thresholds for ROLOUT & SROLUT. Requires SSCONFIGMGR privilege.
May be set as percentages or fixed track amounts.
- Add 'ROL' parameter, to display only fixed totals and ROLOUT thresholds.
Changes in MSD 3R2E
- Add CG option combination, to display each drive's assign count. Will only
display removable drives with non-zero counts unless F, R, or Z option used.
- Add 'SUM' (summary) and 'AVL' or 'AVAIL' (available) as synonyms for TOT.
- Add 'SAT' and 'FUL' as equivalent to TOT/F: show percentage saturated (full).
- Expand totals fields at end of SGS output to allow for larger numbers.
- Fix bug: "@MSD,R TOT" would display packids.
- Fix bug: Q option would not show all equipment codes for test displays.
Changes in MSD 3R2D
- Add EMPty and USEd selectors, to select only empty or in-use packs.
- Add PCTAVLMIN, PCTAVLMAX, PCTFULMIN, and PCTFULMAX parameters to select
drives based on minimum or maximum percent full or available tracks.
- Correct TMIN/TMAX to use display units (8MB, 9BM,...), just as with MIN/MAX.
Changes in MSD 3R2C
- Add DRS & SYS selectors, to select or exclude [-DRS/-SYS] drives based on
whether they are prepped as DRS packs, or are on the current system drive.
- "/U" after granularity selector (POS,8MB,...) shows totals in the same units
used for individual drives.
- When Z reply to Monitor entered, change to 'C' to allow reversing.
- Add 'ROL' parameter to display ROLOUT thresholds only; equivalent to TKD/R.
Changes in MSD 3R2B
- Add EXPTOT tag at start of source for slightly expanded totals line, able to
accommodate 10,000,000,000 totals and 4-digit physical/logical drive counts.
Default is 1; if set to 0 will edit such large numbers without commas.
- Add TMIN and TMAX parameters to specify minimum/maximum total tracks.
- Improve separator chars. between multiple items in header and drive display.
- Add TOT parameter to display totals only (same as TKD with no parameters or
with 'N' parameter).
Changes in MSD 3R2A
- Display tracks in normal intensity if only removable drives selected.
- If sorting drives by total tracks, use available tracks as minor field.
- Add 'W' to TKD parameter to edit track counts with commas (same as W option).
- Add 'X' to TKD parameter to omit end summary lines from display.
- 'EQP' and 'CHT' selectors were not working.
- Allow monitoring if 0 drives selected, in case of possible status changes;
provide for ending Monitor if number of drives goes down to zero.
Changes in MSD 3R2
- Add '8' and '9' to TKD parameter, to display track counts as 8- or 9-bit
kilobytes. Also affects the number used for MIN and MAX parameters, SGS
images, and end total lines. Add 'M' to show megabytes vs. kilobytes.
- Add 'O' to TKD parameter to display track counts as positions.
- Add keyword for each granularity or conversion: TRK,KTR,POS,8KB,9KB,8MB,9MB.
Also add 'K' to TKD parameter, equivalent to K option & KTR.
- Add 'F' and 'V' to TKD parameter, to show % full vs. available for individual
drives, or % available vs full for end total lines.
- Add 'U' to TKD parameter: show end line totals in the same units as drives.
- The MSD header line will now include a description of which items are being
displayed: tracks, kilotracks, positions, 8|9-bit KB|MB, totals, percent,
- Totals in SGS output will be in the same units as individual drives.
- W with K will no longer append 'K' to kilotracks.
- Alternate granularity or conversion displays will always round down to the
appropriate multiple: 1000 for K, 8KB, 9KB; 1000000 for 8MB, 9MB; 64 tracks
Changes in MSD 3R1A
- Add 'S' to TKD parameters, to sort drives by total (vs. available) tracks.
Meaningful only for MS Rev. 4. Forces 'T' TKD parameter.
- Fix bug: If Monitor (M option) was used and a DRV or PAK list was supplied,
MSD would revert to all drives after the first pass.
Patched MSD 3R1 - 2008/09/12
- End lines for new MS Rev. 4 format did not always show correct totals for
Changes in MSD 3R1
- Add Channel Type to data obtained for disk drives. They may be displayed by
using the Q option along with the options for displaying LDATs: CT. They
will always be included in SGS output following the equipment type. To
accommodate this, the Unit Duplex Link has been moved over one subfield.
Note that TKD is incompatible with the CT options, as the display of LDATs
and Channel Types is separate from the normal track display.
To generate the earlier, version 2 SGS format, code "SGS/[label]/2."
However, only the new format will be accepted for TST. The SGS version
(2 or 3) appears in a new subfield after the MSD level on the INFO SGS.
- Tighten up code for obtaining LNIE information from MCT, especially
regarding shared and Unit Duplexing. Ensure correct totals are displayed
regardless of Unit Duplex partner display combination.
- Improve interpretation of multiple selection parameters (DRV,stat,...).
- Correct J/H option testing when determining UD drive display.
- Fix bugs with Delta Monitoring display and file usage.
- Allow combining of the various alternate print files by using the
file continuation indicator: @MSD PRT,.SSG,.SNAP
- Add LNIE matched pairs to SNAP.
- Clarify that either SNAP or SNP may be used for snaps.
- As with PRT, SNP may specify an alternate name: SNAP/snapfile
- @ASG alternate print files (SGS, SNAP, etc.) with max of 10000.
- Add ROLOUT threshold tracks as 3rd subfield of global totals on xxxTOT SGS.
- Use SCRSIZ$ to obtain screen size in non-FUSION mode.
- O option with Y no longer generates SGSs; use SGS parameter.
- Add MSD/DOC element for complete documentation.
Changes in MSD 2R4F
- Copy displayable information from the primary partner of a duplex pair to
the secondary partner: packid, available & total tracks, ASG count.
- Added SNAP parameter, to generate a snap of the Unit Status Table and
internal table entry of every selected drive into print file MSD$SNP.
- Added EXEC level after site to xxxINF SGS.
Changes in MSD 2R4E
- Added DVM and PKM parameters to supply a mask to apply to each drive and/or
packid name when displaying. The format is DVM/XX-X-X, where 'X' denotes a
character position to display and '-' denotes a character position to omit.
Changes in MSD 2R4D
- Allow DVL/0 and PKL/0 to omit drive and/or packid names from display.
- Move "K" indicator in header line to after unit count.
Changes in MSD 2R4C
- Added status totals to SGS output.
- Added parameter SGF, same as SGS except only fixed into is generated;
variable numerical data is set to 0, except total tracks if MSALL$ rev. 4.
Changes in MSD 2R4B
- Increased INFOR buffer to accommodate maximum fields; print warning if > 63.
- Added ability to supply list of drives or packids to include or exclude:
DRV,file.elt,-PAK,file.elt,... (elements or SDF files). Lists may consist of
one or more images, each with one or more drive or packid names, separated
by spaces or commas.
- Allow up to 256 items in inclusion/exclusion lists. (Configurable: TBLLIM)
- Allow user to specify name of SGS file: @MSD <myfile>.SGS[/label]. To
accommodate this change, moved void field indicator to read key field:
- Default SGS filename changed to MSD$SGS, to correspond to default alternate
print file name MSD$PRT. (Old name MSD$ attached for compatibility.)
- Added xxxINF SGS to SGS file, showing date, time, site, MSD level, and
MSALL$ revision number. Display these if present when inputting test file.
- Added individual status unit counts in new format.
- Added ability to freeze and resume Monitor by entering F or R.
- Monitor screen will now have tab stop at input point, in case cursor moved.
In any event, a Monitor command can always be entered following "@@X C,".
- Monitor will now accept Q to quit, in addition to transmit.
- Fix bug that would get an error on ER APRTCA$ if a COL greater than 132
was given when using alternate print file (PRT).
- Regenned with FUSION 2R2K.
Changes in MSD 2R4A
- Include SU drives in drive totals (but not tracks totals).
- Fixed bug to bypass TOTALS images when reading a test input.
- Initially zero cell that could have garbage in total tracks field.
- Change print width if COLumn size greater than 132 specified in non-FUSION
mode (N option/batch/breakpointed/PRT file).
- Adapted to use FUSION 2R2J, which can read the screen size and adjust the
Changes in MSD 2R4
- Add support of Revision 4 of the MSALL$ packet, which adds drive's total
tracks, Unit Duplex partner, and bits indicating DRS packs and system disks.
Revision 4 is introduced in CP 11.1.
- The MSD header line will now show the MSALL$ revision number (r3, r4, ...).
- U option(status) will include Rev. 4 indicator for DRS(+) or system(!) disk.
- New parameter TKD/xxx can control display of different track data based
on the characters in the version field. Three items are for individual drive
data: A (Available Tracks, the default); T (Total Tracks); and P (Per Cent
Full). Two items are for general data: R (ROLOUT Threshold) and B (Brief
Format). T, P, and R are only meaningful with Revision 4. P may be followed
(or replaced) by 3 thru 6 to designate percentage field length; default=3.
TKD with no parameters will result in a summary line display only.
If the system has MSALL$ Revision 4 or later, the new Grand Totals
display format shows the sum of all selected drives' total tracks in each
category (fixed/removable, local/shared) and per cent available. Using the
TKD B option will revert to a briefer display without totals, which is the
default if the system's MSALL$ revision is less than 4.
(Note that percentage for individual drives shows per cent full, while
the percentage in the Grand Totals shows per cent available.)
- Add total deltas to Monitor display (+/- change since last pass).
- Add Delta interval to MON parameter to permit showing MS changes over a
larger time interval. MON/n(m) can now specify the Monitor pass interval n
in seconds (default=10) and the Delta interval m in minutes (default=0). The
Delta lines displayed every m minutes can also be directed to an alternate
print file: @MSD <filename>.MON/n(m)
- Add ability to change Monitor parameter on the fly: enter n or n(m) at the
cursor position on the last line of the Monitor display and transmit. Up to
6 characters may be entered, leaving off the right parenthesis if need be.
- Add xxxTOT SGSs to SGS output file, showing available and total (if Rev. 4)
tracks for selected and global (if fixed) drives.
- Clean up code for calculating track display length involving K & W options.
Changes in MSD 2R2G
- Add ability to provide void string id for SGS output. If none, will default
to '''' for missing Unit Duplex links and packids.
Changes in MSD 2R2F
- Add CT option combination, to show LDAT index numbers instead of tracks.
When these options are used, A is not assumed; and drives are sorted by LDAT.
Changes in MSD 2R2E
- Show physical/logical drive counts in Totals line if any Unit Duplex drives.
- Add COL/cc parameter to set display width: 40-132, or 40-80 if FUSION on.
- Fixed register use error that caused Guard Mode searching MCT I/O section.
- Fix bug that could cause extra blank lines in Monitor mode.
Changes in MSD 2R2D
- Doesn't error if you put a period after PRT/file.
- Will put "Total Drives: 0" in alternate print file.
- Fixed bug where it did not get correct fixed/removable status of UD drives.
- Will add L or S after status letter if U option and no FUSION.
- Will show all totals if FUSION off and specific combination (LF, LR, SF, SR)
Changes in MSD 2R2C
- Added PRT parameter, to send output to alternate print file. If filename
or @USE name not given (PRT/file), uses default MSD$PRT.
Changes in MSD 2R2B
- Revised HELP line to clarify meaning of J & H options.
- Enhanced A option to also include RV/DN drives if F or FR options used.
- Changed Y option not to assume other options if any selection or exclusion
options used, to allow a greater variety of testing.