Changes in SDFCOMP 2R9C
- Ensure string length banks are expanded and used to their maximum capacity.
- Report overflow of an individual string length bank before terminating.
- Add ability to show current highest string length bank in @@X C display by
putting "+" in front of Dspint 3rd field parameter.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R9B
- When doing an @FTPACK,C in conjunction with FTPACK 3R3A or later, any
elements rejected for compression will be copied over to the intermediate
file as is, just as non-symbolic elements are. This done by @ADDing a
runstream generated into temporary file FTPACK$C-REJ.
- The automatic @ADDing of FTPACK$C-REJ may be suppressed by the X type
selector letter in the version field of the input file. Example:
- An element rejected for bulk compression for having an image longer than the
maximum length (252 characters) will no longer cause SDFCOMP to quit.
- Add Q type selector letter to convert any print file elements to ASCII
elements when bulk-compressing.
- Fix bug: When generating a compressed element on a system with MODSWTIME
turned on (of which there are none yet), SDFCOMP would generate the
never-adopted format of a reversed MODSWTIME.
- When bulk-compressing using SORTOC scratch file, read its TOC with multiple
ACWs in case more than 65535 words.
- Upgrade to STM$PKG Rev. 9.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R9A
- The rare instance of strings that happened to begin with three NUL
characters was not being handled correctly.
- Improve H-option listing of strings that contain control characters.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R9
- Expand maximum strings to over 250,000 by using multiple string banks and
- SDFCOMP level 2R9 can decompress items compressed by earlier levels, but
earlier levels cannot decompress items compressed by 2R9 or higher.
- Add ability to force @@X C display at intervals of 1-60 seconds.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R8B
- Switch to STM$PKG Rev. 7 for signon and date/time operations.
- Upgrade to SYSLIB 77R1 for SDFI, SDFO, and PREPRM.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R8A
- Recover from string overflow when bulk-compressing from SORTOC$PRT-T scratch
file (@SDFCOMP,G file./R) was not working.
- Follow F option character frequency listing with list of individual high
values (0200-0777) that may have occurred.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R8
- Full support for LPF/LEPF using ERPFX$.
- Now accepts all characters from 0 through 0777.
- C/F/H-option listings improved when editing characters < 040 or > 0177.
- Fixed bug that could get IGDM when bulk-compressing from SORTOC scratch file.
- Ensure print files compressed to elts are restored in ASCII unless P option.
Patched SDFCOMP 2R7 - 2006/08/16
- Fixed bug related to rare no-find error with tab processing.
Patched SDFCOMP 2R7 - 2005/05/09
- Fixed bug when copying an uncompressed element because of the U option.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R7
- Reorganized code and banking, allowing for 83000+ strings.
- Eliminated coded input memory banks for string compression, using instead
a scratch file which is @FREEd on termination.
- Reduced size of SRCEXP absolute.
- Allow SRCEXP to decompress an omnibus $CMP-SOURCE$, via @XQT,O.
- Allow up to 36 $CMP-SOURCE$ continuation elements. SRCEXP will now delete
these as well on completion.
- Added Y bulk compression option to scan each element based on subtype.
Changes in SDFCOMP 2R6G
- Increased number of intermediate coded string mode banks to 100, and
changed them so they are created dynamically.
- Used MBJ$ procs to create separate library bank for more string space.
- Reorganized MAP of SDFCOMP to accommodate more strings and a larger SDFI
dictionary. SDFCOMP can now expand the same compressed inputs as SDFEXP.
SDFEXP is being retained for compatibility and to have a smaller
program for when only expanding is needed.
- Added reject message when trying to bulk-compress an element whose SDFI
dictionary is too big for SDFCOMP.